Iceland Church

Iceland Church

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Through the eyes of Jesus.


A topic has been heavy on my heart….


I have two very close guy friends who have been there regardless of circumstances since I was a teen. They deserve a shout out…so Nate Beck and Tyler Ross…thank you for being the men you are. So why are they any different from all the rest? Regardless of my mess ups, their mess ups, what life threw at us all and the distances between…these guys have always looked at me the same. Through the eyes of Jesus. They do not judge me…and I know I am loved even when we are far apart. Its not a love of dating relationships…not even really a brother/ sister love. Its loving the way Christ loves and never thinking twice about it. This has inspired this blog…

Boys to Men.
A challenge needs to be made. If you claim to be a Christian man…prove it. We are influenced by this world…and that is an often excuse. The world pollutes…what do you do to clean up that mess when it covers you? I have been looked in many ways…as every girl has. In some cases I could put a fat suit on and I think someone would still look at me lustfully! Some look at me as a sister figure, a tough woman, a sexy woman, words used…beautiful, gorgeous, sexy, hott, and the opposite….
 let me tell you all something fellows….There is nothing more attractive than the man who looks at you with your true identity in mind. Daughter of Christ, cherished, gifted, loved by a King, worth a death on a cross. I’m not just another possible girlfriend, future wife, whatever you would see me as….I am a threat to evil, I battle, worship, and love with all of my heart when called too. Do you look at me as a woman of God, a daughter? Or as something else?
I challenge men and women…look at each other as through the eyes of Jesus and as children of God, His creation. When someone has wronged you realize….it is not necessarily their full doing, they may have let evil take a small foothold, but do not let yourself fall into a stage of bitterness, anger, hate. That’s what evil wants….do you not think evil smiles when we look at another and call them ugly, sexy, whatever other than they should be called?
Ladies, there comes a point when we choose who to hang around, date, marry. Be wise…your relationship with God must be firm first…there is a love greater than the love you will ever have with your husband….and your husband should be reflecting Christ with his actions, eyes, love…being led by the Holy Spirit, and seeking his own relationship with God so much so that it ultimately means more than his relationship with you. We are Gods and we must remember that. Relying heavily on the other person will not always be enough…when the hard times come we need to be able to fight together but separately as well. 
Men,
If you have torn the heart of one of Gods daughters…you owe it to her and yourself to make it right….even if all you can do is lay it on the table and ask for forgiveness regardless of fault. When people are hurt they are hurt. Sometimes it means more to know that we are cared for still even if it is not a situation where there will ever be a relationship or a friendship ever again. And men, when you come to the alter; you need to be ready to present your gift. Do everything to make sure the gift is acceptable. (Matthew 5:22-24)
When I went on my first official date my father sat on the porch shining his shotgun. (yes…he is one of those daddies). Every time I came home in tears over a boy…he got that crazy look in his eyes and occasionally again shined the gun. He is the type of man who watches the movie Taken and gets just so fired up ready to do battle for his daughter. I honestly believe it’s the same was with our Heavenly Father.  Ever had to confront an angry disappointed father young gents? Probably a little worse than just confronting the girl in the situation and trying to make that right first. Well think of it this way…not only does the Heavenly Father know exactly how you look at his daughter, think of her, what you say about her, he expects you to make it right with not only her….but Him. Be wise about this…leaving a pile of hearts behind on your path while trying to get closer to Him…will not win you any points (hypothetically speaking).

We know all this…. nothing I have said is new news. But it is important news.
Men you have a responsibility to live as though Christ lives through you…you will be the protector of you family, the leader not only in the home but in other situations as well. You represent so much and evil would love for you to feed it with lies of this world. Let your actions go...and you bring tears to the Father’s eyes. “How Deep the Fathers Love for us...How vast beyond all measure…that HE would give His Only Son…to make a wrench His Treasure”.  Regardless of her actions, do not go there…to that place where she becomes anything but what she should be…her problems are her own…not your responsibility. Your responsibility is to love unconditionally…even if it is not in a relationship manner. Have a heart that breaks for others, loves unconditionally, has the Grace of Jesus.  See through His eyes…

I have said it before and Ill say it again…ladies please read this carefully.
The man I marry will join me in ministry…and I will join him in ministry. We will do more good together than if we were separate…this is how I will know.  He will look at me with eyes and with a heart that reflects Jesus…. nothing is more attractive than a man who knows his place in the kingdom, worships like its just him and God in the room, has a soul that bleeds for others, and longs to do battle. And Ill know in Gods time…not my own.  If it seems like a good fit…maybe it is…but let God really have the final say…I’m not married yet…and I don’t have half the response about all this I should…I’m still learning, discovering, and giving my heart and all its broken pieces to God to form it to His plans and will. There’s a point when I had to learn not to let bitterness take over, still love when everyone is against me, and realize…when we are on the verse of something good and trials hit us…to keep going and not let discouragement or evils lies sink in. If you remember nothing else remember Love like Jesus would have loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment